Monday, December 27, 2010

New Sunbeams


My daughter is one of the new Sunbeams coming into Singing/Sharing time this year, and I am a little worried about how she will adapt to sitting during Primary - especially while I am up front. I found this idea on Sugardoodle:

Have little cut outs of an egg and have them sit on the eggs to keep them warm. If they get up, just say... "remember to keep your egg warm" at the end of class/singing time, or whatever. They can hand in their warm egg for a cut out of a chick. It's worked really well! (Idea by Caryn in Atlanta)

I made some pom pom chicks and paper eggs to encourage the little ones to stay in their seats. We'll see how it goes!

11 comments:

  1. So cute! I may have to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, you are awesome! Thanks to my friend for sharing your site, and thanks to you for sharing your awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love it - totally trying it out tomorrow with our new sunbeams

    ReplyDelete
  4. IT was BRILLIANT!! I had all my sunbeams sitting down warming their egg. I will see how they do next week, and bring them back the following week. It worked perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute idea! We have one new one and she'll love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad this has been helpful - it was great for us today, too. Even my little wild child kept her egg warm the whole time! That's a smart idea, from Tolmans, to skip a week and then use them again, so the idea stays exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea! I think after today I will definitely try that one.
    Question...Are you going to keep making chicks for the kids?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille - I made enough chicks to last through January. I hope that after a month of sitting nicely, a habit will form.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is your maiden name Morris by any chance? My name is Kay Mortensen and I grew up in Fresno... I stumbled onto your website and love your ideas! This is my second year of being the chorister and I love it. Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kay! I used to babysit you when you were Kay Kay. :) Fun to have you find me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I linked this idea on my blog and adapted it a little using pom pom owls . . .thank you for such amazing ideas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say "hi"!